1. The National Bureau of Statistics news, in September, China’s Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) was 52.4%, 0.7% higher than last month. The manufacturing sector continues to maintain a stable and good development trend and the pace of expansion has accelerated. China’s non-manufacturing business activity index was 55.4%, an increase of 2% over the previous month. The non-manufacturing sector continued to grow and the growth rate has accelerated.
2. JIANG Chao from Haitong Securities said that in September the manufacturing PMI rose unexpectedly, but the medium to high frequency data shows that the terminal demand has weakened again, and the industrial production is mixed. It is worth noting that the purchasing price of raw materials reaches the highest level this year. The price increase makes the upstream industry achieve higher profitability and strong production. But the cost pressure of the downstream industry further increased. The continuity of the earnings improvement and production improvement in the future still remains to be seen.
3. In September, the Caixin China Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) recorded at 51, down by 0.6% in August, ending the growing trend in the previous three months and indicating a slight decline in the manufacturing sector. This trend is not consistent with the manufacturing PMI of the National Bureau of Statistics. CEBM, the think-tank of Caixin said that the manufacturing sector in September continued to improve but the expansion rate slowed slightly. The economy in the third quarter is stable, but the pressure of the upstream cost highlighted, which will be detrimental to the continuous improvement of the corporate earnings.
4. The Ministry of Commerce news, from 2012 to 2016, the number of online shopping users increased from 242 million to 467 million, which nearly doubled. E-commerce transactions increased from 8.1 trillion yuan to 26.1 trillion yuan, an average annual growth of 34%. Among them, the amount of online retail transactions increased from 1.31 trillion yuan to 5.16 trillion yuan, an average annual growth rate of 40%.
5. Caixin Net news, China’s State-owned Enterprises Structural Adjustment Fund Co., Ltd. which was founded for a year recently disclosed its transcripts. By September 15, 2017, 16 investment projects have been signed with the total amount of 51.129 billion yuan, of which nearly 90% of the funds to the central enterprises. Completed delivery and near to completion of the delivery of the project was more than 31 billion yuan. 32 billion yuan investment delivery will be completed by the end of 2017.