There are some answers for the questions asked mostly by our participants for the internship program to China：
- How does the China internship program work?
Generally, we are helping local Chinese companies to recruit international interns. We collect CVs, interview the candidates, provide different sort of services to the participants. We have some standard processes, and the candidates just need follow the given instructions, as we will give all the information during the process.
- How can I apply for internship program?
Generally, there are three standard steps for the applicants.
Step 1: Fill an online application. Send us your CV (photo included).
Step 2: Interview with us with an online schedule appointment system after the application is accepted by our partner companies. The first two steps take 2-3 days.
Step 3: Sign the program contract with us. The final decision will be made by the company when they read our interview report. We will send the company’s information to candidates, if the answer is positive.
- May I chose the location of internships?
Officially no, but we can commend CVs to our partners. The decision is made by our partners, not us.
- How many hours per week for the internship?
It depends on the company. Generally, 35-40/week. Companies in Shenzhen are following their own schedule.
- Why the program is free?
The internship placement is free of charge for students, because the fee is paid by local companies. However, other additional services are not free. The price is marked in our homepage.
- If I don’t pay your additional services, should I have some problems?
No, 80% of our alumnus don’t choose any additional service.
- What is the mission for the internship?
This is a stander program, we only cooperate with international trade company in China. The mission details are to be found on: http://www.internshipunion.com/china-internship-offers/
For a student with a marketing, economic or international trade major, this program is a very good choice.
- Can the program provide internship convention?
- Why would I choose your program over finding a company myself ?
Firstly, it’s very hard to find a company who is willing to accept a foreign intern in. Secondly, even if you find a company willing to do that, it will be very difficult in every process. If the company did not have the experience before, please don’t do it. One of this program’s main advantage is thay participants have access to the best advice there is, which is made by hundreds of alumnus on a yearly basis! Practice the program is better than search a position by yourself.
- Should I contact the host company prior to signing the contract?
No, you should not. Because that will bother a lot the company. We will make a WECHAT group after the visa step starts.
- Can I have salary during the internship?
NO! In China, a paid salary without a working visa is illegal. 500CNY is only allowance for food. We suggest participants don’t do anything illegal in China. It will be very seriously.
- Can I live in China with only 500CNY?
The 500CNY is only for buying food and cook by yourself. For one adult, who buys meat and vegetable, 500 CNY is enough. For example, meat is 18CNY/KG, vegetables are 3-15 CNY/KG, in supermarket.
For the homestay program：
- How does the homestay program work?
Internship Union built a list of family who are interested to accept a young foreigner. Participants should give one hour per workday plus three hours per weekend culture courses to the family as the exchange condition for a room in their apartment. Internship Union will make a Group in WeChat to allow you to know each other after the demarche of the visa process. In this program, Internship Union will not charge agency fee in the students’ side.
- Should I pay the rent in the homestay family？
No, no rent to pay. Not even electricity, nor hot water.
- Is there meals in the homestay family?
Officially no, sorry. Being invited by the family is not included.
- What are my duties in the homestay family?
One hour per workday plus three hours per weekend culture courses to the family; Keep the room clean please, even the public arear.
- What chances do I have for a homestay family？What is going happen if finally, I don’t have a homestay family? Internship Union will help me? The company will help me?
There is a 80% chance for every participant to have a homestay family. If we can’t help you find a homestay family, you should find an apartment by yourself, and pay the rent by yourself. Internship Union provide a service for finding an apartment in the city. We will charge the service fee. But Internship Union can provide some information for free. The company will not get involved to your personal life, nor help you to pay the rent.
- Is the homestay family near to the office?
It is very hard to say; Internship Union will try it’s best to help the participants to match the nearest location as possible. According to the Chinese city’s size, one hour from where are you living to the office is very normal.
- Will Internship Union help me in the visa process？
Yes, we will. But only advise, we don’t charge the fee and we don’t earn the money from your visa application.
- Would Internship Union send me some documents for the Internship VISA application？
According to our experience, we will NOT give you any document for your VISA application.
- Can I apply the visa by myself？
Yes, you can. But up untill now no participant got the right VISA for the right time.
- How much is the chance to get the VISA if I follow Internship Union’s advice?
More than 90%.
if you have more questions about our program please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org